I just recently learned about free PD to be held at Wright State university over the summer.
Workshops include options such as:
- Connecting a School Garden to Content Standards
- Book in a Day
- Safe Space Ally Development Training
- Proactive Circle Conversations to Promote Social and Academic Development
- Mental Health in the Schools
- Developmentally Appropriate child Guidance: Addressing Disruptive Behavior in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Toward a Psychology of Understanding ADHD
- What’s New in Children’s Picture Books in Content Areas?
- Introduction to Co-Teaching
- Teaching Strategies for Promoting Active Participation in the Classroom
- An Introduction to Project Based Learning
I have not attended PD from this partnership institute before, however as an adjunct instructor at WSU, I have had the opportunities of attending presentations from a couple of the featured professors in the workshops listed above. Based on the quality of the content and delivery I experienced before, in addition to the cost, I highly recommend checking out the offerings:
All of the courses will be held at Millett Hall: