Taking online courses are convenient and flexible.
Check out the University of Dayton (UD) website https://udayton.edu/education/departments_and_programs/other_programs/nondegreeworkshops/online_workshops.php
UD is offering workshop credit hours in collaboration with Educational Impact (EI) Academy. These are online professional development workshops costing $65 per video. University of Dayton credit can also be purchased.
Educational Impact Academy Video Offerings (pdf) >>
The Greene County Career Center Adult Workforce Division, in collaboration with UD, is offering undergraduate and graduate level online, on-demand, self-paced PD called “Ed2Go.” These are instructor-led 6 week courses and cost $99 per course. UD graduate workshop credit can also be purchased.
The Montgomery County Educational Service Center is offering online video courses in collaboration with with UD. These courses cost $125 each. UD graduate workshop credit can also be purchased.
Access our online course list and description of each course before entering our registration site (pdf) >>
If you have taken any of these online workshops or courses, please consider sending us your rating and overall evaluation of the program.
I just recently learned about free PD to be held at Wright State university over the summer.
Workshops include options such as:
- Connecting a School Garden to Content Standards
- Book in a Day
- Safe Space Ally Development Training
- Proactive Circle Conversations to Promote Social and Academic Development
- Mental Health in the Schools
- Developmentally Appropriate child Guidance: Addressing Disruptive Behavior in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Toward a Psychology of Understanding ADHD
- What’s New in Children’s Picture Books in Content Areas?
- Introduction to Co-Teaching
- Teaching Strategies for Promoting Active Participation in the Classroom
- An Introduction to Project Based Learning
I have not attended PD from this partnership institute before, however as an adjunct instructor at WSU, I have had the opportunities of attending presentations from a couple of the featured professors in the workshops listed above. Based on the quality of the content and delivery I experienced before, in addition to the cost, I highly recommend checking out the offerings:
All of the courses will be held at Millett Hall: